1.5.07

Spiritual Warfare.

It seems only right that since rededicating my life to Christ, that the enemy would attack double and triple times the effort than normal. But it seems to me, that the odd thing here is not that he is attacking, but that I am not turning tail and running back to Buddhism.

After a good long discussion with a good friend, and an exchange of several emails with my Sensei, I realize that this isn't going to be the most peaceful of times in my walk with Christ. I have angered the devil something fierce. But the thing I realize, even now, is that Jesus is bigger than any of those problems. Not only do I realize that, but I am willing to walk through these hard times if it means my faith will be strengthened. Jesus didn't die and rise for me to hear the truth and follow a lie.

Jesus didn't die for me to be a Buddhist. Jesus didn't die for me to bow to a statue of a dead man. I don't need "enlightenment", what I need is forgiveness and Gods grace in my life. The other things... wisdom, peace, joy, love, those things will follow. The things I sought most after in Buddhism are still the same things I desire in my walk with Christ. I desire to be able to love my neighbor, to be kind, gentle and forgiving. I greatly strive to be able to control my anger or to be bold about my faith.

Many changes are taking place in my heart and in my mind. So for those who know me, please keep me in your prayers.

Jess

1 comment:

tinahdee said...

I have been praying for you! And I will keep on. The devil's attempts on you are all for naught. You belong to Jesus and you always have!