5.5.07

Grace.

Well... Let's see. Where do I want to go with todays post? It has been a pretty good day. My little brother is doing well at work, and found out he is getting paid more than minimum wage. (Mark not Roy.) We were very busy, and the owners were only in for a few hours to see us through the breakfast and lunch rush and then they left quickly. Prep was pretty light today, so it took no time at all, and I had the best lunch ever... Turkey Sandwich and Tomato Soup. Yummy.

So all in all I guess my day is going pretty well now isn't it.

Today I was thinking about grace as I was doing the short amount of prep to be done. More specifically I was thinking about God's grace. I have heard it defined as God's riches at Christ's expense or unmerited favor. Both of them are pretty intense definitions of what appears to be such a simple word.

It is truly by the grace of God that I am alive and well today, there is no doubt about that in my mind. (All things considered.) And it is the grace of God that my family is together, whole and none of them are in jail or J.D.C.

Gods' grace has been truly shown in and through my life. It has also been a bit of a theme in my life lately. I attend Grace Martial Arts, at one point I was going to Grace Christian Fellowship, my birds name is Hannah Grace.... and so on. It is a reminder to me each time I go to class and hear my instructor speak on grace just how much I have been saved from. And it's not even just about these past few months... things further back in my life, some things that I have never mentioned before, some I have told, some have almost been made known publicly, or so it seems.

So many people... Christians... think they don't have a testimony because they were saved at 4, raised in a Christian home with two parents, they have never done drugs or alcohol or had sex before marriage. They never ran away or got involved in another religion. They were involved in youth group and they were leaders in church. Some people don't think that is a testimony... but that is the most amazing testimony in the world to me. To see Gods' grace in their life... they have been spared all the hurt and pain associated with getting involved in sexual relationships, they have been spared the spiritual struggles of participating in another religion.

Yes, I think it is wonderful when people come to Christ... I love it, I really do. But I think it is extra special to hear of someone who has known Christ all their lives. I think that any testimony is a great testimony of Gods grace. Think about it... God didn't have to save any of us... because none of us deserve it. But He did. He sent Jesus for us because He loves us. God loves us... every single one of us.

Not all of us have the same background, not all of us grew up knowing Christ. But that is what makes the body of Christ so unique and so beautiful to be a part of. You can talk to someone one day and find out that they ran away at the age of 15 and they got pregnant and they were raised Muslim and now they are living for God. And then you can meet someone the next day who knew at a young age that Jesus was Lord of their life, and they have made it a point to live each day for Him, and they are witnessing and bringing people to Jesus. And both of those things are so beautiful.

Perhaps I am getting to the point where I am babbling on... So I will close out this post now. But as you go throughout today just think about the life you have and the life you could have had. If it isn't what you want it to be, talk to God. Ask Him for wisdom and guidance. He will give it... I know He will and He always does.

Peace Out.
Jess

1 comment:

tinahdee said...

I agree! I love to hear about Jesus through lots of different people. That's part of the reason I enjoy Tres Dias and VN so much.