25.5.07

Inspiration.

Tonight I had the wonderful opportunity to go out by myself. To walk the mall, shop in Blockbuster Video, and raid the left over pastries at Atlanta Bread Company all by myself. It was quite nice, contrary to what people would think.

While I was out browsing I happened to notice this older couple, probably in their seventies. They were so cute, he had on the typical old guy khaki pants with the brown loafers and the blue striped shirt tucked in with a belt. Oh, and don't forget the hat... you know the kind I am talking about. She had on a light blue pants/shirt outfit and had her hair curled just right. The cutest old people in the mall by far. I watched them, as they unknowingly became the theme of this post, the way they held hands. The way he carried the tray to the table in the food court, and set it down in order to pull out her chair for her. He was a true gentleman through and through. As they left the food court I couldn't help but smile and wonder what it will be like when I get that old. Will that be me and my future husband 50-60 years down the road?

As I was leaving the mall, once again I saw this couple. They must have been tired because they were walking extra slow. He was carrying the two shopping bags in one hand, and her hand was still planted in his other hand.I sat in my car and watched them walk to their car. He opened her car door for her, and I even saw him sneak a kiss on her cheek before he shut the door. Then he walked slowly around the car, as he did I noticed a big grin on his face. It was almost like he was on his first date with her and that was his first kiss. It was so sweet. He started the car and off they drove.

I make a point of this at this time in my life because well... Marriage has been a big thought topic lately in my life. I am at the age a lot of my friends are married and some of them have children. Most of my friends are living on their own, and most of those friends live out of state. It's hard to sit back and watch it all. I want to be part of that world... to have my own place, to have found "the one" that I am going to share my life with. To have kids... And before I get the "You're too young" or the "You don't want kids..." lectures. YES I do. My parents had 14 foster children at one point in my life, I have changed enough diapers, taken enough temperatures, bandaged enough knees, given enough baths, fixed enough dinner... I get it, there is a lot of work involved. But that doesn't change the desire deep inside.

I'm not sure where to go with this... other than it is taking more than a "little" self control to stay focused on God. Well that's all for now I suppose. Honestly...

Jess

1 comment:

tinahdee said...

You're too young! You don't want to have kids!!

HAHAHAH Just kidding. :D