14.5.07

You Made The Right Decision.

I think sometimes when a Christian strays away from the faith, or when a new believer comes out of a different religion into Christianity it can have this sort of effect on your mind. Did I make the right decision?

That is the question that has been plaguing my mind for the past day or so. Did I make the right decision? Was turning to Christ and leaving Buddhism really the wisest decision I could have made? What if Buddhism was right? What if I am wrong? What if I made this choice and I stumble yet again with it... What if I find myself falling back into the hole? Did I really make the right decision?

The Bible says that if we believe with our hearts and confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord than we shall be saved. Do I believe that? Absolutely...Without a doubt... 100%. But lately it has seemed more and more that that mindset is hard to keep. Everything reminds me of the struggles in my life. Everything seems significant, and everything feels like a battle raging inside. It sounds odd... I guess from a blog readers perspective it is. But to truly go through it... It's even weirder. It's like everything I do, I can relate to my spiritual life. (Just read my last few blogs... painting my room is a life lesson at the moment.)

I seem to be using my instructor a lot as a point of interest in my blog... But he is a very insightful and understanding individual when it comes to dealing with many of the same issues I am dealing with right now. Sometimes I truly doubt how much he knows about how much of an impact he has made on my life... probably because the times he has made the biggest impact are those that were probably common things or "mindless" responses to a particular question or problem. Tonight after class was over and we were all walking out to our cars he asked me how things are going with Christ. First off it is very encouraging just to have some one ask you that to your face and then take the time to really listen. I told him things were "good" and that it's just "weird" at times. He told me that he has been down the same road and that I can talk to him any time I have questions. Simple enough. I thanked him and started across the parking lot to my car... Then he says "You made the right decision." ... Right out of the blue... With no further comments... just a kind smile and a wave.

I drove home in silence contemplating this very phrase. He didn't know I was struggling with this question of whether or not I made the right decision. Such a simple phrase. Such a simple affirmation to me. I love it.

Well I am gonna get going. Peace Out.

Jess

No comments: