11.6.07

My Little Buddy

So, tonight I watched my little brother test for his stripe on his yellow belt. Words can't describe how proud I was of him. He got up all on his own, without his big brother or big sister beside him to help. He did his form and said his verse... to the best of his ability... and did his self defense, which happens to be his favorite part of class. (As any regular member of the class could tell you.) It made me so happy to watch him...thinking back to when doctors told us after we got him that he couldn't ever walk or talk like a "normal" child. But look... look at what my Jesus did... look at how God has changed those doctors diagnoses around. He may not be an average 12 year old, but what he lacks in height he makes up for in heart. He has the biggest heart of any kid I know, and maybe he can't read and remember his memory verse, but ask him about the weather, or to pray for you. He'll do it in a heart beat.

I write all this to encourage anyone who feels like they can't do it. Anyone who feels like the world is against you... that the odds are too large... and that no one cares. The truth is God cares and He has a precious plan for your life. My little bro... my little buddy... he has never let anyone tell him he couldn't do something. He wanted to take karate and he is taking it. He doesn't care that he has mental and developmental delays/problems... He does what he wants because he believes that God can help him do anything. I believe him. I believe God.

Well that is about it for tonight. But I do want to say thank you to some super special friends that came out and supported us tonight. It meant a great deal and I do hope you will come around more often. The class could use ya.

Jess

1 comment:

tinahdee said...

Hey Jess! If we're the friends you're talking about, we were so glad to be there! It was so fun. And cool to meet your bro, too. I hope things work out so that we can come again. -t