30.4.07

Too Much Son?

Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with my family and extended family at the one and only Cypress Gardens. We spent all day together, playing, laughing, talking, etc. In general it was a lot of fun. I loved every moment of it... well almost every moment of it. There was the time my youngest cousin and my youngest brother started crying because we wouldn't let them ride on the biggest and fastest roller coaster with us. And then there was the time my two middle brothers started pushing each other and almost knocked some random guy over. And then my two oldest cousins almost got in a fight at the restaurant. And then of course there is the ultimate problem in FL... I got a sunburn.

As I sit here this morning typing the idea came to me... When is the last time I got a son burn? By that I mean when is the last time I spent so much time with Jesus that my face simply glowed when I walked away from His presence. When is the last time that happened to any of us? Let's be realistic, the reality is the world doesn't afford us the opportunity every day to spend 8-10 hours in his presence like you can on a day off at a theme park. There are interruptions, but just like that theme park visit you should work around those interruptions and seek God. I'm not saying I myself could spend 8 hours straight in prayer, though the opportunity sounds very tempting. But I am saying that me, myself, I personally can't remember the last time I was son burned.

I want to know my Jesus in the same ways and manners that I had begun to study Buddha. I want to know His thoughts on everything, I want to know His words, His actions, I want to know Him. I want to say that I rise early in the morning to pray and pray before I go to bed. I want people to notice a difference in me, not because I am good, but because I am Christian. I realize with such new perspective now, that Jesus is the only one who can save you/I from hell. We can not do it ourselves. When I was trying to save myself I was miserable. I felt empty inside. But all that has changed... I don't have to doubt anymore. I never had reason to doubt at all. Jesus truly is my savior and my source of life.

So what is my goal today...this week... this year? To simply spend more time with my Jesus. So much time that I simply glow from being with Him. I want to know Jesus, not just know of Him.

No comments: